Saturday, August 22, 2009

Vacation


Ok, I’m still alive and getting stronger every day. Mostly now I’m dealing with anger, but that also leads to wondering why. Strange, because I know why.

Anyway. . . I went on vacation a couple of weeks ago. Alone. For some, that may not be a big deal, but this was my first ever alone vacation. I really enjoyed spending time on the beach and not worrying – “he doesn’t like the beach, I know he isn’t enjoying this, cannot spend too much time on the beach because he hates it.”

I arrived at the Cabana Shores in Myrtle Beach late Wednesday night and the first room had a leak, so had to change. The clerk was nice about it, but he was also ready to close the lobby. The second room was exactly like the first, had a fridge, coffee maker & balcony. No clock, which surprised me. I don’t think I’ve ever been in a hotel room without a clock. On Friday, a repair man showed up at my room saying he was told I had a leak and he was there to fix it. I told him it was the other room, but he found a leak in this room too! Anyway, I got the code for the internet (cannot go long without internet fix!) and, of course, that didn’t work. I did remember to bring my Verizon wireless broadband thing, so, it worked. Have you noticed that Verizon seems to work everywhere? Also, I had 3G signal on the AT&T cell. That was only the 2nd time I’ve seen that.

The first morning I got up, went to the beach, the pool and the mall. I ate at the mall as I haven’t yet been brave enough to go to a restaurant on my own. The second day, I was worried about the critters and wondering what I would do today. I spent most of the day at the beach reading and taking pictures. It was fun, but I’m hoping it will get easier and more comfortable each time I go somewhere. Saturday, I left Myrtle Beach and went to see my son in Santee. After hanging out for a while, I came home. The trip was very relaxing and hopefully, I’ll be more comfortable with being on each trip. Of course, the next trip will have to wait quite a while until I save up enough money again, LOL!

No comments: