Thursday, August 27, 2009

It's Thursday!

When I started to post this, it was Wednesday, but my computer locked up. So instead of my Humpday post, this will be a little late! That's ok, I like Thursday too - only one more day til the weekend! Yesterday was a rough day anyway with no shows, car issues, etc. So, on to what's going on with me. . .

I’ve decided to take up photography. I’ve always had an interest in photography, but never had the money to get a nice camera, or the time to put into such a hobby. In an effort to get myself out of the house some (and away from issues described in previous posts), I purchased a Nikon D60 DSLR. Kind of expensive, but every picture I take is great!! A friend taught me some things about the camera and I’ve been playing since. I am learning about taking photos, but I think it would be hard to mess up with that camera! I’ve posted some of my pics, tell me what you think. This handsome man is my son, isn't he a cutie??


I am also trying to decide what I want to be when I grow up (at 43, the question is, will I ever grow up?). I really enjoy what I do, I work with kids who have problems – mental illness, family problems, poverty, etc. The problem is, while it is a very rewarding job, you don’t make enough to live on. I read an article the other day that said if someone was thinking of majoring in psychology they should have their head examined! Fine time to find that out, after the master’s degree! The conflict is that I really do enjoy being a therapist, but I’m not licensed and don’t really want to go into private practice and now that it’s just my salary, I’m always looking for more money. I’ve considered pharmaceutical sales, but it’s really difficult to get into those positions. I’ve also considered going back for a Ph.D. and doing therapy online, but I’m not sure there would be enough clients to make a living, besides the fact that to get a Ph.D. the colleges want you to attend full-time and they pay you a stipend (not enough to live on from what I can tell) or it costs a fortune to do it online. Oh, well, I’m open to suggestions!

No comments: